Check the AB Youth Soccer FACEBOOK FEED on our HOMEPAGE for the latest field status updates. The Facebook feed will be the only source of updated Field status.
You may join the ABYS-List Google Group for e-mail notifications of field status in Acton and Boxborough by following these instructions;
To join the ABYS List Google Group:
1. Open your browser to http://googlegroups.com
2. Type “abys-list” in the search field. Click the Search button. A list of groups and messages is displayed.
3. Click on “ABYS List” group name. If you are not logged in to a Google account, you will be asked to do so. If you do not have a Google account you may create one here.
4. Click on the 'Join group' link. The Join group dialog box appears.
5. Fill in the options on the Join Group dialog box. YOU MUST CHECK “Send me an email for every new message (less than 1 per day)” TO RECEIVE TIMELY MESSAGES ABOUT ABYS FIELD STATUS!
6. Click the ‘Join this group’ button. Your request will be submitted to the group administrator for approval.
Note: Google cannot intervene in the approval process for private groups. Contact email@example.com if you need your approval expedited.
Alternatively, you may send an e-mail request to join the ABYS List Google Group to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rain Policy for Acton - Boxborough playing fields. If the ground is saturated or there is standing water on the field then it is not open, saturation is when you step on the field and water seeps up into your footprint, like a sponge. If this is the case, please stay off the field.
PLEASE NOTE: This Web page will NOT be updated daily. See the ABYS Facebook feed.
|Concord Road||Closed for winter||Check homepage Facebook feed for daily updates|
|Elm Street||Closed||Soccer no longer played here|
|Fifer's Field (Cisco)||Closed for winter||Check homepage Facebook feed for daily updates|
|Flerra Field||Closed for winter||Check homepage Facebook feed for daily updates|
|Great Hill||Closed for winter||Check homepage Facebook feed for daily updates|
|Leary Field||Closed for track repairs||See use rules below|
|Liberty Field||Closed for winter||Check homepage Facebook feed for daily updates|
|Little Great Hill||Closed||Soccer no longer played here|
|Open only by special permit
(No Parking on Haywood Road!) Parking only next to the High School and in Lower Fields lot
|See use rules below|
|NARA Park||Open||Check homepage Facebook feed for daily updates|
|School Street||Closed for winter||The right hand side as viewed from parking|
|School Street Ext.||Closed for winter||The left hand side as viewed from parking|
|Ripley Field or Rideout Field in Concord||Visit www.ccysoccer.org The announcement appears at the top of the page (Click on Field Maps for directions)|
When using the playing surface at Leary Field or the Lower Fields at ABRHS.
Please observe the following rules:
1) No chewing gum, sunflower seeds, shelled nuts or tobacco products allowed
2) No food, or drink other than water
3) No glass containers of any kind
4) The use of roller blades, skateboards, bicycles or mopeds is strictly prohibited
5) No metal cleats or spikes, or plastic cleats longer than 1/2” allowed
6) No tents, tarps, structures or objects which will or may foreseeably cause the penetration of the synthetic surface